Ancient Egypt In Boston Includes:
- 2 nights of 4 Star Deluxe Accommodation at the Doubletree Club by Hilton Boston Bayside
- Intro lecture on MFA Egypt collection and Boston overview by Laura (15 time plus Boston visitor)
- Three fabulous guided cultural tours with admission:
- Museum of Fine Arts – world-leading archaeological museum & Egypt collection
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum – a stunning 15th-century Venetian-style palace -museum with three stories of galleries surrounding a sun- and flower-filled courtyard
- Freedom Trail Walking Tour – Discover the rich 400-year history of Boston – where the American Revolution began, by foot We’ll enjoy stories, stunning architecture and venture through historic statehouses, churches and school sites on a fascinating 90 minute tour.
- Private tour of the Museum of Fine Arts Egyptian Collection – with renowned curator Dr. Denise Doxey
- Small donation to the MFA
Dr. Denise Doxey is Curator, Ancient Egyptian, Nubian & Near Eastern Art at the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA), Boston. She received her doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania, where she was the Keeper of Collections in the Egyptian Section of the Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology. Dr. Doxey also served as Adjunct Assistant Professor & Lecturer in Egyptology at U. Penn until her move to the MFA in 1999. She has excavated at Abydos and Saqqara in Egypt as well as in Greece.